Monday, September 12, 2011

~Emotions~ How do they affect diet and nutrition

Emotions and their effects on Exercise and Good Nutrition

How many times have you had something happen that is stressful or overwhelming and even though you started with a good game plan you threw it out the window and didn’t really care whether or not what you ate was on the plan …or if you exercised.  The reason that I bring this up is this happens to be something that I have been struggling with and lately and in such I have had what I would consider my fill of and stressful Situations….  and then more keep coming …. I swear I think some of the issues that I have been battling would put anyone on a binge. However when doing such I realized …. A day late and a dollar short that I’m only doing myself the injustice and pushing out my own victory because I let emotions of the trials that I am going through effect how much I eat and whether or not I felt like working out, Now I know that on occasion we all can have those days where you just don’t feel like it ….l can relate and for me it seems I’m having a Marathon of bad events in my life.  And as result I find that I let myself Dwindle ….  And my light of energy is dimming and my self esteem … Non Existent.
Now don’t get me wrong I’m not putting on a Pity party although I will admit that Saturday was rough and I pretty much did just that.  It has been a long time that I was so upset that I Just never left my Bedroom I stayed in bed and Cried all day but Sunday as I was sitting around looking at myself and I said to myself am I crazy I have worked so hard why do I let these things get in the way of my own success?  It was then I decided to sit down and do some research and find a reason why I do this and others may to …. Then I found some interesting facts.



To anyone reading …. No you are not crazy!  You don’t have mental problems but in fact just like anyone else you are human and things do come up and some things are easier than others but keep in mind you are the only key to your own success, And When you allow them to control everything else going on you only hinder yourself more, then when the grieving is completed or you wake up like me the next day you realize you are now behind and for what? Or at least that is what I found myself asking.  So In that lies the research…. 
And what I found is not just our diet, but out thoughts, our emotions, and our behavior all affect body chemistry. For instance, relaxation produces the chemical norepinephrine with which low levels are implicated in depression.

Also, exercise has been shown to produce another chemical known as endorphins, which help with depression, anxiety, sleep, and sexual activity.  So, besides eating certain foods, relaxation, exercise, and are things that we do that can also affect the level and activity of these chemicals. But if you have some everyday stresses or some out the normal stresses the last thing we want to do is  eat … or in some cases all we do is eat and when that happens …. Out goes the game plan.
                                                                
Thomas Jefferson wrote that most people feel about as happy as they make up their minds to be. And indeed, a positive attitude is invaluable.  And also some foods in particular can increase the chemicals or the lack of them may decrease the levels of Serotonin in the body and when that drops so do you. Here’s an example Protein promotes the production of dopamine and norepinephrine, which promote alertness. Protein meals containing essential fatty acids and/or carbohydrates are recommended for increased alertness. Salmon and white fish are good choices. Avoid foods high in saturated fats; consumption of port or fried foods, such as hamburgers and French fries, leads to sluggishness, slow thinking, and fatigue. Fats inhibit the synthesis of neurotransmitters by the brain in that they cause the blood cells to become sticky and to clump together, resulting in poor circulation, especially to the brain.

And oddly enough some foods themselves can send you into a depression and take you out without even knowing that you had done that to yourself.  Surprised? Ya! So was I and even though I love to go running and I get so excited when I have a good day nutrition wise it is easily done to let yourself slip into a nothing matters downward spiral and before you know it ….. You don’t care….. And that was happening to me, and over the weekend and should say more like the last couple of weeks I had been struggling thinking that I was weak … Or lost determination, So while it may have been the combination of the food choices I made … when I was already down and feeling low that just added to the downward spiral that I was quickly following down, who can know….. But the reason that I brought this whole research up was because that maybe you were feeling great and depending on your food choices and what you ate made a difference in how you felt and that may have been the case for you …. And so many others I thought if that information helped me … and perhaps could help you why not post it!  You are Not alone this really does happen to lots of people….  So the next time you feel blue even if you’re down keep that in mind the next time you eat or drink anything …. It just may make all the difference in the world!  








Just keep in mind we all have the blues sometimes….
Stay Strong!
Gr8gurl J







2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing so informative things with us. I'm really impressed. I would definitely love to read your such informative blog. Can you please help me to write about natural weight loss supplements.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, This is really nice and informative post.
    Natural sleep aids

    ReplyDelete

Background Widjet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photos