Wednesday, September 7, 2011

As the seasons change

Seasons are changing and Old man winter is knocking!!!!
With the Holidays past and the cooler temperatures quickly on their way and leaves begin to turn in my part of the world anyway….do you wonder am I prepared?  I know that I do …. I have to tell you  I am extremely nervous wondering if Old man Winter is going to intimidate me and keep me from my run’s  and work out routines,                                                             
 It is very easy to tell yourself that you can, and it’s a whole other ball of wax to push through and follow through.  Cold & snowy weather or not!  This weekend my son came with me two of the days this holiday while he was visiting and went on my run with me.  I was very surprised that he at the age of 12 would have that much ambition, he even downloaded the Myfitnesspal app for his Iphone he said to me mom if you can do it so can I. 
He got up at very early hours and ran 3.5 miles with me despite he hadn’t done anything physical in some time.    He was so excited when he weighed himself the end of the weekend and was down 1 lb for my son that was a really big deal for him to be so conscientious of what he was eating and unfortunately he usually isn’t frankly since my  both my boys had been living with their father they have become human garbage disposals and despite the many conversations I have had with their  Father he doesn’t see a problem he said  they are growing boys they can eat as they please , My response is they may be growing boys and if they must insist on eating nonstop then they need to be eating  things such as healthy Fruits and veggies.
                                                                               

But definitely the Soda should be off limits. He being a Nurse should already be all over that but he is too busy to pay attention and of course as you may have already guessed I’m the mean mother trying to limit my children when they come over and they get so frustrated and upset because I refuse to buy all that garbage and bring it to my house.
 So when my  Two boys at 15 and 12  visit it is usually a battle because I won’t allow Sugary Soda and Chips and cookies For them, So when my one son had stated that he at 12 years old had been following my blog I was so impressed it truthfully almost made me tear up … the sentimental idiot I can be LOL,  he also told me that he had been trying some of the same things I was doing and so when he wanted to go on my run with me I was so excited I thought  finally I am making an impact on someone’s life.
Granted it was my son and I should already have made an impact there with them however with teenagers being teenagers you can guess that at this age the last thing they ever want to do listen to their nagging mother LOL but all joking aside that really made me so moved and exhilarated that I also had now the motivation to keep pushing!  So my message to everyone today as with anything else,  as the leaves are changing and its getting colder outside don’t let that Couch or TV Get in the way of making your desires to be healthy get in the way put on some warmer clothes and get out there you are worth it as my son said to me.
                                                                            
Hugs and good wishes to you all!
Gr8gurl J




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the additional information with us, Its good for health and fitness. Kindly write for niacin for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete

Background Widjet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photos